Friday, February 26, 2010

Soccer Mom

Empty Nesthood is hard. There's a quiet around that you just never get used to. I miss the loud. I miss the cheering, the screaming, the rah rahing on the sidelines. I miss the hundreds of soccer games, softball games, theater performances, ballet recitals and gymnastics meets. I miss the hours and hours spent sitting in the stands with the other parents, on the bleachers, on the ground, standing in the back, hiding backstage watching Shana do her thing. There were all of those leave work early days for afternoons at the field, gathering the team at Subway Saturday mornings after practice, taking the make-up off and undoing the bun after the show and on and on. These days all I get is a few co-ed softball games per season, more if Shana makes the playoffs. Next up, Sunday in Tucson. So...four hours in a car for an hour long game?
I-10 here I come.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom. And thanks for the warning. i.e. - go to everything because soon they'll be at college.

    ReplyDelete