Monday, June 1, 2009

Stoopin' it



My sister, Amy, lives in Manhattan. She "stoops" it alot. It's sitting on the stoop (steps) of your brownstone and watching the world go by. A few times a month, I'll sit on my steps (I have two) of my "brownstone" (really Taco Bell-like roofed house in a same same same neighborhood) and watch the world go by. The world isn't as interesting in Scottsdale as NY, but every now and then I'll see a minivan drive by or maybe somebody walking a dog, if I'm lucky. Amy learned to stoop it with our mom. They were apartment shopping in NY right when Amy moved there over twenty years ago and were taking a rest on somebody's stoop in a very, very nice neighborhood. Turns out - there was an apartment for rent on one of the upper stories and Amy moved in and lived there for years. It was the famous dancer/choreographer Jacques d'Amboise's house. Today the Movie Madness gang saw Every Little Step about the making of A Chorus Line - featuring Charlotte d'Amboise (complete with some great shots of the house - stoop included, bringing back lots of memories). It was a great documentary - gave me the chills, made me want to sing. I realized that Movie Madness is really my way of stooping it. Getting out there to watch the world go by.

2 comments:

  1. oh im stealing this! new word of the day, much better than a random dictionary pic. too cool.

    ReplyDelete