Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Semi-Retirement Half Day Wednesday

The patients get a bit restless when the big guy's gone for too long, so even though I woke up not knowing where I was or what day it is, it finally hit me - we actually have to go to work - no semi-retirement half-day Wednesday for us today, more like overloaded database, packed to the rims schedule. I want to get in an elevator and go to the cafe down the street for a un solo queso baguette and un agua. I want to stroll the streets of some amazing city, crumpled up map in my pocket so I don't look too much like a tourist and wander around until I get lost. I always find the best things when I'm lost. It makes you ask questions and look harder and actually sit down and wonder what it would really be like to live there. 

Oh, there goes the alarm, vacay's over...


No comments:

Post a Comment