Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sweet!

I think the first week of Weight Watchers is rigged. I've been around the block a time or two and seem to recall that it's that first weigh-in that's always the highest. It's always downhill from there. Downhill on the number of pounds lost. I totally changed the way I ate the past week. I had about three bites of things containing sugar. I ate fruits and vegetables. I went to Starbucks once and left with a Passion tea unsweetened, no usual tall soy no foam chai and a banana muffin. I counted my points. I even counted pistachio nuts. When I ran out of points, I stopped eating. I exercised. Sounds so reasonable, really. So when I stepped on the scale at 8am today I was hoping for some good news. The lady smiled at me as she looked up from her only-she-can-see weight display. She wrote down the number. She got out the calculator and hit the subtraction key. Down 6.6 pounds. Sweet!

Can't wait for next week....

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Lisa. At least you're not doing any of the bull I used to do at WW, like wearing my heaviest clothes to my first weigh in and my lightest to my second. I swear I lost about ten pounds in clothes alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! As I was in line, I slipped off a bracelet AND my wedding ring! Next week maybe I'll wear a trenchcoat over my birthday suit and drop it at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete