Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Airhead

I took my car in for a quick air pressure check before we head off to the beach in a few days. The guy started saying something about 3 and 3/4, but between 4 and 5 and 5/8s so maybe it's time for new tires. I mean, I wouldn't drive to San Diego with those tires, I'm not saying anything bad will happen, but, you know. It's not like you'll have a blow-out or anything, but more likely you'll lose traction, lose control, etc. City driving may be ok, but San Diego? I don't think so. That's what he said so I went home. Shawn said my tires were fine. I told him about the 3 and 3/4, but between 4 and 5 and 5/8s and it's on the inside that's the problem. So he looked. He agreed. He called the guy and we got new tires. Maybe I could have handled that on my own. I didn't want to be taken advantage of just because I don't have a penis and because I know nothing about tires. Shawn's good for that. It's a wonder that I make it through most days. There are so many things that I don't know and it's all his fault, really. I also know nothing about: computer hardware, cell phone batteries, hot water heaters, pool pumps, sprinkler systems, how medicine works, burning a CD, the remote control - I can turn on the TV to watch a show, but have no idea how to start a movie or fast forward a movie or pause a movie what with the four different remotes involved. I can't change a tire, jump a car battery, fix a dishwasher, install a faucet or a garbage disposal, kill a spider or get up on the roof to do whatever it is that people do up there. 

I guess I could learn if I had to, but "thanks, Shawn" is so much easier.

3 comments:

  1. Of course it's all his fault. He knows too much about the things you have no interest in and so you've become helpless. Same thing over here. Also because both our husbands have penises. (Let's be sure and throw that in!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always get new tires before you need them and everybody stay off the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have other talents my dear......

    ReplyDelete