Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weather or not

After a long, hot summer I was practically jumping up and down outside my office today watching the rain. We natives are weird. Let the work pile up, it's raining. It poured. It flew sideways. Camelback Mountain was all faded in the background. Last night things seemed to shift. Shawn and I grabbed the dog and went around the block a couple of times and it was actually nice. So it felt good to be outside in the middle of the day and be cold. Then it got worse. An hour later I was at a collision center having a previously scheduled meeting with my mom and an insurance agent concerning an April fender-bender. Within ten minutes, the manager got seven faxes about damaged cars, the Scottsdale hail storm, he kept saying. Then an email from friend, Laura, came in - here's her car after the storm. Ouch.
"Hi," said Fall, "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here."

No comments:

Post a Comment