Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Orbitz

I thought I had the whole travel thing all worked out. I plan for months, check out all kinds of books, study the local culture, work out a day-to-day schedule, museums, monuments, restaurants, all the required photo stops, making sure all the way that everybody is happy, everybody stays in the right kind of hotel, has the right kind of space, the right amount of nap time, the regular pooping opportunities (that's another story), the right everything. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it. I love seeing how the rest of the world lives. No matter how wonderful it is, it always makes me appreciate my life more. Maybe that's why I see so many movies, same principle. But with this last minute excursion to Amsterdam, there's not a lot of time. We're winging it (well, I did pick up a Fodors book at the library yesterday). Just some cool chicks heading over the pond. The schedule's flexible. Today we somehow added Rotterdam, Brussels and a promise to make a really good effort to get to the Louvre in Paris. Flexible. I can do flexible. We didn't even have a place to stay set up, but I couldn't be that flexible. The anxiety set it. I got a little shaky. I went back on Orbitz.com, the same place that is making this entire trip possible with a smokin' airfare deal. And they did it again. Five star place Bilderberg. Half price. One night. I can live with that.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea on booking the hotel. You don't want to end up in a youth hostel or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A youth hostel might not be so bad. Tip: Don't try to squeeze in too many cities. Stay put. See the neighborhood. Soak it up.

    ReplyDelete