Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Your lips are moving, but....


We've been having some computer problems at work. One just totally stopped working the other day and the new hard drive is on the way. Then there's the software problem. The systems aren't "talking" to each other. The "bridges" are down. The in isn't going in and the out isn't going out. Well, the out was going out until the IT guy came in to fix the in's not going in problem. But, now nothing's going either way. He tried to explain all of this to me. He was all plusses and minusses and signs and numbers and databases and computer guy stuff. He was in my office, at my desk, having chosen my PC to use to fix the problems. For like four hours. So I was displaced. I had to stop by pretty frequently to see how he was doing, how much longer, wringing my hands, please, please fix it. But every time he would open his mouth, I just looked at him. I knew I should be able to get this. I went to college. I use a compter every day, but it was just blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. So, since I was just hanging around getting frustrated, watching my IQ go down, down, sneaking out a bit early to clear off something else on the to do list seemed like a plan. I texted my hairdresser. Could she squeeze me in. I've got tons of grey. Fast, really, just slap it on, I'll leave with a wet head. We changed the color a bit last time and she was talking with a co-worker about the special recipe that would work. Part D and one half of J? No, probably 3.5K and a quarter C with some chrome. Chrome? Well, yeah you need the chrome since you used the H toner last time. Oh right. Do they make 3.5K? I don't know, I'll look. More blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I opened my book. Old fashioned. Paper. Words. Something I could understand and started to read.

1 comment:

  1. Some days you walk through the world and everyone's speaking gibberish, I know. That's how I feel about football. Hope it starts working soon.

    ReplyDelete