Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Prize Box


My dentist hates me. Or at the very least, she thinks that I'm a totally neurotic wimp. Today, after five years of seeing her, I found out that she has a Prize Box. You know the one. Lots of toys and sugar-free treats. I used to love the Prize Box when I was little. I looked forward to going to the dentist, Dr. Lau and all of his little dental elves, just because of the toys. Of course, that was back when nobody did anything too painful. No big drills back then. No really sharp tools poking at my gums, no bone sawing. I told her that I was upset that I never knew about the Prize Box. And she came right back at me and said, "Well, you've never been very good." Fine. Well, maybe if I had known about the Prize Box I would have been a better patient...

After the dentist I met with my CPA and happily piled all of my 2009 stuff on her desk. I was feeling pretty good. January appointment. Business and personal taxes. Done. She even reviewed my numbers and they all actually added up. She was impressed. Unsually I'm more of a just put more in than you take out kind of girl, so I was glowing. She said, "Gold Star" for you! Now that's what I'm talking about. Even better than a miniature plastic doll from the Prize Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment