Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cat Nap, please





Cali the cat used to have a really annoying habit. I have a bowl with fake fruit in it that she discovered a couple of weeks ago. She likes to get up on the table in the middle of the night and dig out the pieces, swatting them until they fall on the ground where she proceeds to chase them all over the house, loudly. I finally learned to smash an extra pillow over my ear and started to sleep through her nightly fruit party. But it seems that the fruit has lost it's appeal. Starting this week, for her "I'm still a baby and it's time to paartay" at midnight happy hour, the little shit has been ramming her nose into my face. It's like she gets a running start and slams her cold, wet nose into my eyes, my cheeks, my nose, encouraging me to get up and play. Hoping for the good old days, though, tonight I'm going to spread fake fruit all over the place and maybe she'll leave me alone.

1 comment:

  1. oh see even when your babies sleep through the night, your kitties dont. never ending story. grrr..

    ReplyDelete