Saturday, July 4, 2009

All better







Dr. Everythingwillbealright was burning up and prescribed a little day-tripping in thehigh country for some cool breezes, lunching on an outside deck and strolling around without worrying about finding some shade for the car. We snuck out of town to Flagstaff to find a beautiful day waiting for us. I even took advantage of the drive to and fro to whip through some of my summer of reading list - finished Certain Girls and took a big chunk out of Wednesday Sisters, next up is Peony in Love (War and Peace is next summer). My options are limited when driving with Shawn. If there's a capital I in front of the street name, the guy thinks he's on the Autobahn, so I can either white knuckle it, sleep or read. We had our fill, cooled off and raced home in time for the 9:00pm fireworks in Cave Creek.
Thanks, Doc!

No comments:

Post a Comment