Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pink


I've always had a little crush on Pink. Am I allowed to say that? It's just something about her rough 'n tumble, down 'n dirty, I know I need to go to anger management classes, but I don't care, straight-from-the-heart, raspy, scrappy ways that I can't get enough of. Oh, and her songs, too. She just tells it like it is, going from painful memories in Family Portrait to Let's Get This Party Started and so much in between. Oh, yeah, and then there's her abs, too. My God - how does she look like that? So I told Shana I wanted to go and the next thing I knew, we were tagging along with her friend, Cali, and her dad, Neal, ('Lil Baby Roc and Doc Roc www.rockowitzortho.com) to their sweet suite seats right by the stage. Neal knows the arena like the back of his hand (even has his name on the wall), plus the secret fastest way ever to fly across town (and I'm not tellin'). The Fun House tour started off with Pink popping out of the floor, Jack-in-the-Box style. The stage was complete with wavy fun house mirrors, a flying trapeze, slides, acrobats, jokers, two-story blow-up clowns, lots of singers and dancers, and feathers, feathers, feathers. She did all of her hits with her cheeky, full of mojo attitude and covered some Divinyls, Queen, Led Zeppelin and more in an over two-hour carnival-like production.

While going to a concert with your parents is never ideal, Cali and Shana have had a lot of practice over the years and have learned to hang out with their oh-so-hip moms and dads without even one little whine. We all never stopped talking and even got to go back to the good old days when the dreams coming out of the back seat, like the makes-perfect-sense-to-me "I want to own a Chocolate Factory when I grow up" made you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment