Sunday, August 23, 2009

What would you do if you had nothing to do?


What would you do if you had nothing to do? Shana up and left and now there seems to be a big space in my day, an open window of time, a huge chunk of white on the calendar where she used to be. So what am I supposed to do today? Be a mom? Nope. I could go to work and try to bring down the pile on my desk. I've got piles at my house, too. How about the laundry? I could go visit my mom again to check on her new knee. I could try to write something pithy. My car looks like my closest and could definitely use some attention. I could water the plants, but didn't it finally rain yesterday? But, that can all wait for tomorrow. So, really, I've got nothing to do today. Except the one thing I can't seem to put off anymore. I pushed #3 on my speed dial and called Shana.

No comments:

Post a Comment