Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good Eats

The guy can cook. Shawn sent me to the store for some wine and cream and mushrooms. He didn't ask for an onion but I came this close to buying him one anyway, but what do I know about cooking, so I walked right past. When I got home he asked if i bought him an onion. Oh well. The master went on to create one of his finest dishes. Here goes - he sautéed spinach in wine and butter and some s and p, took some crimini mushrooms and cooked in heavy cream and saffron and cayenne pepper and white wine, reduced to a golden, reddish brown, then the cauliflower - steamed with rosemary, thyme and cinnamon, chopped, then finished in a skillet with evoo (extra virgin olive oil for you beginners) butter and curry - layered together in ramekins: mushrooms on the bottom, layer of spinach, layer of garlic, layer of Havarti cheese, then, finally the curried cauliflower. Splashed with more wine before baking in a water bath. All I can say is OMG, yum. Can you say I'm lucky? Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment