Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick, quick, slow

I woke up last Wednesday with every intention of finishing my taxes, downloading data, assigning categories, wondering where all the money went, cursing health care, dreaming of retirement, making all my numbers for last year somehow look pretty enough to dump on my accountant's desk so she can do her thing. I got a new Quicken version this year, but instead of it making my life easier, it slowed me down. Learning while doing while under a deadline never works very well, so last Wednesday came and went. So did this Wednesday. But I finally figured out the software, injuring my wrist along the way, probably adding Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Medical Expense category) to my list of ailments, made a nice pile for my Tuesday appointment and am pretty sure that next year's process will be Quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment