Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tucson

I feel better now. Felt like I was there getting a little hug that Michelle and so many others got. The memorial service "Together We Thrive: Tucson and America" was incredibly moving. Everybody who spoke was eloquent, reminding us that Tucson and Arizona and America is really one family. And all those Wildcats! At first I wanted to shush the kids, say, hey, guys, this is a quiet time, but then realized I was clapping right along with them, and crying, desperate for unity, desperate for peace, desperate to show the world that we Arizonans are not maniacs. We love each other. We want to make the world a better place for our children, starting with the ones in that auditorium, some I've known for years. They're worth it.

 “I want us to live up to her expectations,” he said, his voice rising. “I want our democracy to be as good as Christina imagined it. I want America to be as good as she imagined it. All of us — we should do everything we can to make sure this country lives up to our children’s expectations.”

Obama Tucson Speech

Stomp in some rain puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment