Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weddings

Last year it was Sophie.
This week it's Shawna.
The friend's kids are starting to get hitched. Makes me wonder - when will it be Shana? Not for a long time, I hope. Hoping she gets through college first. Finds herself. Has some more Charlie's Angels time. 
Last week, decades after I freaked out my parents at nineteen and ran off and got married, I was sitting around with these ladies at the beach (I know, I know, boo hoo).
I watched each one of them walk down the aisle. We reminisced about all of their weddings. The bachelorette parties, the bridesmaid dresses, the Brick House song. Those were all beautiful days and someone asked why we're all still married. Why this crowd has stuck it out so long when so many of our friends have long since parted.

Probably has something to do with having friends like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment