Sunday, March 6, 2011

Footprint

My trashcan has been so empty. In an attempt to reduce my carbon footprint, I started to compost a while ago. I dump in all kinds of stuff - old lettuce, coffee grounds, tea bags, toilet paper rolls, leaves and other things and just spin it around every so often. But something's wrong. I've yet to see any of that rich, brown, glorious dirt come out. Mainly it just looks like old lettuce, coffee grounds, tea bags, toilet paper rolls, leaves and other things in various stages of rot. But at least it's small rot. Since August, I've thrown so much in to that black ball. Stuff that would have filled up my trash can and some landfill out in the desert somewhere. So, while I'm a failure at creating dirt, I'm creating a lot less trash. And maybe that's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment