Monday, May 23, 2011

Movie Madness - Incendies

1 + 1 = 1. It was that kind of movie. My third movie in three days, Incendies was a brutal search for the truth beyond the grave, barely adding up until the very end.

Two other movies never did add up. Bridesmaids. I wanted to hate it.

 I saw the reviews, the four stars, the cast, including one of the only reasons I still watch SNL, Kristin Wiig and my beloved Sookie from Gilmore Girls. But it looked so dumb. It was dumb. I loved it. Maybe it was being surrounded by a bunch of my peeps, cracking up at every scene, some three times too long but still funny in a perfect Saturday afternoon get-away.

Next up was Johnny in a Sunday night with Swashbuckling Shawn escape.
I wanted to love it. I saw the bad reviews, but, like some Pavlovian response built over decades, when Walt Disney walks by, seems all I can do is throw some money at him. But Pirates was dull. I fell asleep. Sorry, Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment