Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Woo Woo



I hate to get all woo woo on you here, but just try this:

Close your eyes, breathe deep - in and out (s l o w l y) - and say these words to yourself...

Everything I have is enough
Everything I am is enough


Then think about the following later today (when you're about to open your mouth and blab to somebody else)

The four truths

Is what I'm about to say kind?
Is what I'm about to say true?
Is what I'm about to say necessary?
Is this the right time to say what I'm about to say?

Meditation is when all of your  senses are turned in (yeah, four classes and now I'm an expert). We spend all of our days watching and listening and smelling and touching and tasting and processing so many external stimuli that meditation is when, for maybe five minutes a day you can just sit and breathe, let all the thoughts just flow by.

I know, sorry, but I warned you - woo woo

No comments:

Post a Comment