Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some Pig


An adorable three year old came into the office the other day. She was completely decked out - huge white sunglasses, green Crocs, denim skirt. After saying "Hello" to me, she turned to her mom, busy filling out forms and with a baby in her arms, and said "Mommy, can I go make friends with that man?" Both Mom and I looked at the only other person in the waiting room, a thirty-something reading a magazine, and Mom said, "Okay." Little girl walked up to him and said, "Hi, my name is Wilbur." Mom announced that she had been reading Charlotte's Web and we all smiled. Wilbur asked waiting room man, "So, what do you see in that painting over there?" If I looked hard enough at the abstract print on the wall, I probably could have found a word or two describing how amazing she was. But waiting room man described the colors and the shapes and the two had a lovely conversation until it was time for him to say good-bye.

Totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment