Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm not complaining...

Phoenix just had a good weather streak - 14 consecutive days under 100 degrees in June. May was really nice, too. The last time that happened was in 1913. It's been great. I could hang around on the patio in the mornings and take the dog around the block before 10pm. Things were good. I almost wanted to take credit for the streak. After all, this is the summer that I'm not complaining. Not one bit. I'm committed to keeping my mouth shut and focusing on the positive. I even went up to Northern Arizona this weekend for a previously planned trip, but was a little disappointed that it wasn't hotter yet here. So I got in the car on Friday and it was in the 90s, spent a cool weekend in the 7os with my friends then Phoenix welcomed me home on Sunday with a 105 degree slap in the face. I didn't say a word. I stayed inside for the rest of the day and life was good. Yesterday I worked, snuck out to a cool movie (parked in the shade) and lunch with friends - totally unable to let the girls weekend end. One more late afternoon attempt to keep the three (or four) day weekend going, more happy hours in a warm until we complained bar. Grocery shopping at 8pm after the sun went down. I know the tricks. Armed myself with a cool, light dress to work today with a renewed commitment not to bitch. Things will be okay. Got in the car, pulled out of the garage and it started to rain. Couldn't ask for more!

1 comment:

  1. i love your attitude. my husband always reminds me its like reverse winter. so what if you stay inside all summer and we eat the same thing everyday. if we were in seattle and it was snowy wet and gross for three months we'd sit around watch movies and eat hot soup and think there was nothing wrong with that. sun does not always equal fun.

    to staying in!

    ReplyDelete