Monday, January 28, 2013

M.A.

 photo IMG_1453_zps7d89b1ef.jpg
Five minutes before leaving for a little Tai Chi class tonight, I popped up an ad on Craigslist. After twelve years, our Medical Assistant is moving on. I've been spoiled. The last time I needed to hire anyone, I spread the word in our building, where gossip seems to travel faster than the flu, and later that day I received a fax from someone that came highly recommended and had worked for a colleague for the past five years. Easy. This time things are moving more slowly. I interviewed five people on Friday and went home shaking my head. It's going to be hard to replace someone that's been like a member of the family for so long. 

Now I've got forty-seven people who want to come join the fun. Forty-seven and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment