Wednesday, July 25, 2012

YipeeeEmail

Lisa,

I have verified that the report is not tallying right and you are entering the data properly. Keep doing what you are doing and we will fix the report. 

I will let you know when it is fixed. 

If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,


Alex S---------




Sounds like a pretty normal email, right? So when I almost started to cry when I got it, I realized I've been waiting around for normal for a very long time. Since April, April 2011, living in crazyland, a place where ten or so people in some building in Atlanta and little 'ol me in my office in Arizona and a dark, rainy "cloud" server somewhere in between have not been communicating very well, instead playing their ignore, delay, blame, pass-the-buck or promise-me-the-moon-and-hang-up game. If I could fire them, I would. If I could stop paying them, I would. If I could sue them, I would. But I can't. So I wait. And wait. Like, for example, the above report in question that needed to be fixed. Bad software. I knew it was wrong, but they said, "Nope, looks good to us." Case closed. I kept calling. Explaining. Showing them the data. Providing all the facts I could for weeks on this one thing (since May 13th, to be exact, but who's counting?) This one report that is holding me back from so many other things. "Nope," they said again and again, like talking to a panel on Fox News, "still looks good. Must be you." Case closed. So today, out of the blue, Alex from Atlanta, my new hero, pops a professional, competent, honest email in my inbox. Finally. I'm not crazy. Just a little teary-eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment