Monday, December 5, 2011

If the shoe fits...

Ouch. Ever since I attended the God Save My Shoes melee and was told that the highest you could go up on your foot without tumbling over was 5 inches, I wanted to try it out. Somewhere between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Shana and I were out and about when I spotted these big, black, beautiful babies. Some fancy designer, marked way down, I shoved my feet in and tried to walk. My right foot was so cramped it didn't move, so I had to sort of limp on the good one. It seemed like these had at least a 6 inch heel, and with the 1 or so inch platform, I was ready for my test.

Total failure. It felt like I was on top of a skyscraper with the wind rushing my back, as I tried to force my body back to avoid falling over the side. I made it two steps. By then, the shoes were almost glued to my feet and I couldn't kick them off, so I bent my knees, squatted, and somehow, totally sans grace, thank God I was way in the back in the clearance section, got down on my butt and used both hands to get them off.

Stunning move, not seen in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment