Sunday, December 4, 2011

Forks Over Knives

We're killing ourselves. We're killing our kids. While sharing an amazing kale salad with some amigas the other night, I was finally convinced to get around to watching Forks Over Knives for yet another reminder of how America is totally screwed up. We eat so much meat and dairy and corn syrup, all subsidized by the government and then suffer from diabetes and heart disease and breast cancer and prostate cancer, jacking up our health care costs by taking numerous medications and having our chests cracked opened, making the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies wealthy and the rest of us poorer. And the poorer you are, the more likely you'll suffer from these issues. I read the The China Study years ago, which helped my resolve not to eat meat, but somehow I've kept up the addiction to sugar, fat and caffeine, keeping the cholesterol drug makers happy and my scale oh so sad. Maybe this will be the kick in the (big) butt I need.

Off to Sprouts...

No comments:

Post a Comment