Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Talk about thankful. My Thanksgiving week started out in a 98 degree pool on Monday morning at Miraval, out in the desert at the base of the incredible Catalina Mountains, steam rising up out of the pool, palm trees reflecting in the water, rushing wind blowing the chimes, beautiful music playing as I did my first Tai Chi in the water class. We all closed our eyes and were led through a series of simple, slow moves as Zen Daddy, Randy, talked about Thanksgiving and God and life's blowouts and how we are all really miracles, blah, blah, blah, but truly an incredibly peaceful, thought-provoking experience, making me even more thankful this year. Not that I'm ever much of a whiner, usually more of a glass is half full, happy to be here kind of attitude, but today I'm thankful for my family and friends and my health and for living in the beautiful desert and for the chance to get out there and see the rest of the world. I think about others less fortunate than me as well as the selfishness and injustices in the world every single day, which seems to make me more appreciative. I'm thankful for chopping vegetables with Mr. Fancy Pants who just spent 24 hours infusing some special sage, white balsamic vinaigrette for an incredible roasted root vegetable dish, featuring beets and rutabaga and seedless squash and who knows what else and for my great friends the Mortons that surrounded the stuffed table with my family, laughing and bonding and Table Talk Gaming until one more turkey day came to a close, full of abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment