Tuesday, November 23, 2010

AmYable vs. HOHI


In 8th grade English class we learned the word amiable: adj. having or showing pleasant, good-natured personal qualities; agreeable; willing to accept the wishes, decisions of another or others; affable: an amiable disposition.  All of my junior high school peeps that knew my sister Amy turned to me and started cracking up. She is the most unamiable person I know.  She has lots of qualities, but pleasant, nice and agreeable she is not (just call her one of those words, stand back and see what happens). Recently I read a more accurate description of Amy (in our latest book club read, The Stuff That Never Happened) "hands on hips imperviousness." If I was reading that out loud in my eighth grade class, I'm sure that everybody would nod in agreement - now that's Amy! Hands On Hips Impervious - HOHI.

Which one are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment