Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Madness - Kings Of Pastry

Who would think that watching a bunch of guys baking cakes would be fun? Well, go see Kings of Pastry. It's hilarious. It's a nail biter. There were tears. There were screams. Mouths were watering. It's about a once every four years serious competition in France. Serious. People's lives are at stake here.

Sometimes I feel a little weird about Movie Madness. It's a bit crazy, I guess. A bit decadent, maybe. A grown woman, working full-time, now in school, too (sort of), with lots of other things to do, makes room once a week for a movie. A little escape. Ditch day. A little reminder of what's so good about my life. I realize that most people can't just make the time. There's a demanding boss, little kids, guilt. So every now and then I think I'll give it up, stop sending out emails, stop harassing my friends, get back to work like everybody else. But last week, a friend of a friend showed up. She's new to the whole movie on a Monday sneaking away from life thing. She brought two friends with her, too. And as we waited for the lights to go off along with even two more book clubbers, she said, "I'm so happy to be here. There's something bad about it and I love it!" Made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment