Friday, November 27, 2009

Bloomies Black Friday



Call me crazy, but one Black Friday I found myself in the biggest store in the world in one of the biggest cities in the world - Bloomingdales, New York City. The place was wall-to-wall people, a sea of faces sticking out of coats and hats and scarves, trying to get a jump on their holiday shopping in a never-ending display of slashed prices and jingle bells. We were herded through the departments, occasionally elbowing our way out of the path into a must-have display. Total madness. I didn't get it. I've never been one of those organized, list-in-hand, sitting outside Toys 'R Us at 5 am the day after Thanksgiving early shoppers. I'm more of a December 21st-ish, click here now, free shipping and we guarantee Christmas delivery kind of girl. But back at Bloomies three year old Shana announced that she had to pee. After seeing the lines in two mobbed bathrooms (after waiting, waiting, waiting for the elevators), we stayed put in the third, hoping for the best. But the poor kid just couldn't hold it any longer. Suddenly everybody got nice and we were pushed to the front of the long line where I ducked into the next open stall and stripped down my little elf, rolled up her wet things and wrapped her adorable naked little butt into my coat. We headed back out into the crowds and found a brand new Bloomingdales Black Friday outfit.

At least it was on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment