Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Happy Cookie



I'm married to a grump. He can't help it, he's just wired that way. I'm generally a glass is half full kind of girl which makes for some interesting moments, especially when I go overboard into la la land. Like this summer. I vowed not to bitch about the heat for the entire season and I thought that my positive attitude might rub off a bit. Maybe get a little "it's not so bad, it's a dry heat, it's really beautiful living out here in the desert most other months" kind of attitude. But, no. Nothing. Until today. I turned over the calendar to October and walked outside with Shawn. He took a few extra steps into the driveway toward the street, unlike his typical quick u-turn into his air-conditioned car. He looked around. It was cool, maybe even a bit nippy. And then he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment