Thursday, August 13, 2009

To Pee Or Not To Pee



I've been on a lot of road trips this summer and it's required me to actually give some thought to the morning drinking process. I like to down two or three big glasses of water first thing in the morning to get it over with, then I'll usually add a cup of tea and pretty soon after that something full of caffeine and aspartame to get me through the rest of the am. But things change when there's a few hours in a car coming up and I'm not in control. Time to slow down. When I'm with Shawn, I just pray that we get low on gas, since he can make it from here to the Pacific without pulling over. Last week I was set to drive to Hawley Lake with Shana's group and I didn't know what to expect, where we were going, when we were going to stop, plus I had some girl that I had never met tagging along with me. This required some planning. I didn't want to look like a lightweight, a wimp, embarrass my child and maybe lose the bus I was supposed to be following. So I didn't drink anything all morning and cruised into Pinetop just in time. But for my latest trip to San Diego, I was in charge of the transportation. Car loaded with people, full tank of gas, radar detector plugged in, flying down I-8. My rules: drink if you must, but we're not peeing 'til Yuma.

No comments:

Post a Comment