Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sssshhhhh!!!

Back to yoga tonight for another lesson from Mary. She talked about sounds and silence and how, even just listening to the words of a sound, like "waves crashing" or "rain falling in the desert" can make us feel so much different than, oh, "drilling for oil." I had been bitching about my day and my too much stuff that needs to get done and even how I liked yoga better when it was dark outside. As she stretched us out I realized that maybe a little peace and quiet is all I needed - to close my eyes and focus on the tiny space between my eyebrows (you're trying it now, aren't you? No? You're laughing? Well, trust me, just try it). And I loved watching the trees blowing in the wind on the patio outside the yoga room with the mountain in the background, turning purple as the sun went down. 

spaceball.gif

1 comment: