Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jet Lag

I'm up. It was 3:37am by the time I finally gave in and rolled out of bed. I thought I had this thing beat, too, but I guess yesterday did me in. Long, long day at the office and by 3:00 or so I was getting shaky, that way-past-tired-I-just-need-to-lay-down-for-one-minute shaky. So I got home and by 4:30 I was out. Totally out. Lights on, wind blowing the back gate, Shawn on the loud computer, Shana and Jordan watching a loud movie, cats running all over me, out. Shawn made it until 9 and I must have heard him come in, but by the time I realized that I had been scooted over and covered up, he was out cold. I opened my eyes and felt fine. Rested, no more shaky. I wandered out to see what Shana was doing. Sound asleep. But it was only 9, so I scrounged around for my little Baggie full of blue sleeping pills I've been carrying around with me for the past week, just in case. Just in case of an emergency. 9:oopm Wednesday night, not even tired, alarm's set for 6:30am. Emergency, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment