Friday, January 3, 2014

First Friday - Read

 photo eve_mason_tgf_123013_zps9e634d67.jpg
Long before I read the last page of The Goldfinch, I decided I needed more art in my life. I even thought about going to see the actual inspiration, the little birdie itself, by Dutch artist Fabritius and hunted it down at The Frick in New York, where it will be for a couple more weeks. After checking Travelocity, my schedule and the weather report, I decided instead to send in my surrogate eyes in NY, aka Amy, to view it with the throngs of book clubbers while I stayed warm and local.
Phoenix Art Museum

Saw some Picassos, this eerie
Frida Kahlo piece, which, after being missing for decades, showed up on the doorstep of the Phoenix Art Museum,
 photo 220px-Suicide_of_Dorothy_Hale_zpse436753f.jpg
listened to a lively concert,
 photo conc_zpsf9c202c6.jpg
and got to know what a real bad ass Madeleine Albright really is in this must-see exhibit - talk about inspiration -
 photo index_zpsed1586d0.png
better watch out if she's wearing a bee brooch...
 photo bee_zpsf4e6c307.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment