Thursday, September 20, 2012

Africa by Toto

Photobucket
Considering it's been "our song" for thirty years, you would think I'd know something about it by now. Like the words. Or the meaning. Or something about the band. But I don't. All I know is one day Shawn came to pick me up and, instead of coming to the door, sat in his car, a skateboard bumper-stickered Toyota Supra, and listened to the stereo blasting this song

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you...

 To this day, no matter how many times I've heard it on the radio, or seen the video or looked up the words or seen Africa on a map, the only thing I can figure out is this -

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you...

But I guess that's enough.

Toto, coming to Talking Stick Resort 9/23
Just booked a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment