Thursday, October 13, 2011

Knight Rise

Bad Concierge, bad. How have I missed this? The Mothers Who Write gang filed into the amazing Knight Rise Skyspace by James Turrell to have a look. It's been there for years. It's crossed my radar. I get to SMOCA at least once a month, but have never for some reason wound myself around the entrance through the side door and taken in this wonder. Somehow thought it was just for the middle of the night during an eclipse or something. I try hard to find cool stuff in the community and as I sat there taking these shots every few minutes (all just me, sitting in this space pointing up at the sky with my phone through a hole in the ceiling)
looking up as the sun set and the light changed in this womb filled with incredible women thinking about light and dark, perception and reality I realized how narrow life is. We see what we want to see.
And even as the sky outside didn't change much (per reports from new visitors), our cervical view of it did. The colors were stunning as time passed.


I'll be back.

"I'm interested in seeing ourselves seeing..." James Turrell

No comments:

Post a Comment