Saturday, August 20, 2011

Girl Scouts

Shana never made it to the Girl Scouts, dropping out after one year as a Brownie and never looking back. It may have had something to do with my lack of gung-ho, lack of creativity, lack of craftiness. I could always appreciate the importance, the camaraderie, the lessons, but camping and wilderness and meaningful craft ideas and pushing Thin Mints and corralling tons of screaming youth in one room was never my forte. Plus, those vests. That shade of green doesn't really look good on anyone. Until now. Shana got a job! She'll be doing some promotion, some recruiting and some leading with the Tucson Girl Scouts. I think I still know how to make a Gods-eye and a hanging macramé plant holder if she needs any advice.

You go, Girl (Scout)!

No comments:

Post a Comment