Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Glee

It's official. I'm late to the party, but now I'm a Gleek. On Sunday afternoon, afraid to venture outside into the hot muck, Shawn and I turned on Glee, then proceeded to stream through almost the entire first season. I never knew what all the hoopla was, but now I'm hooked. First of all, I love Jane Lynch.
She has cracked me up in the Christopher Guest mockumentaries and now she has the part of a lifetime - Sue, the fast-talking coach of the award-winning cheer leading squad, The Cheerios. She's angry. She's politically incorrect, devious, needing to win at all costs and, oh, she sings and dances, too. They all do. No matter what the problem of the day - fake pregnancy, cheating boyfriend, gay football player with facial moisturizing issues, as long as you just break out into song, there will be a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment