Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Triskaidekaphobia Fear Factor

Thirteen's always been a lucky number for me. I even look forward to Friday the 13ths. No superstitious fear here. I love black cats, stepping on cracks, walking under ladders and I never, ever forward chain emails no matter how many wrinkles or bad luck is promised. But today, standing in a very tall sans a thirteenth floor building, I wondered if any of those people on the floor above twelve are worried. Do they know that just because it says 14 on the elevator, they're taking their chances on a daily basis? Looking up at the Cityscape glassy wall from the safely positioned, hip new Arrogant Butcher (thanks for lunch, Mr. and Mrs. Old Wildcat), I thought about the at least 13 things I'm afraid of and how maybe I could write them all down right here.

But I don't want to jinx anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment