Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Purse Party

You shoulda seen the ladies' eyes gloss over. My house was transformed into a Disneyland for the frugal shopper. Most of us like to hit the racks at Macy's, TJ Maxx and the mothership, Target, for fun new bags, never getting close to the $3,000 and up fancy things Hollywood celebrities love to cart around. But show us a sale and life is good. The crowd was wowed by all of the Gucci, Tiffany, D & G, Louis Vuitton and Chanel. Hats, scarves and jewelry were flying off my sofas.  A totally real looking knock-off Prada purse for $45? Come on, that's more fun than a ride on Space Mountain. The wine was flowing as friends, neighbors, book clubbers, mah jongers, drug reps from the office, several high school graduates, including an I'm eighteen today birthday girl, tons of Shana's ilk and even my dentist swarmed my living room for a couple of hours of pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment