Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mama Mia



With only one kid, I like to keep track of Shana's friends. She's got so many and they're all great. Her oldest compadre is Megan, been around for over a decade. She's spent the night more than anybody else, been on more family vacations with us and been more like my own daughter to me. I don't have to fake it around her. I don't have to sugar-coat anything, she knows my faults, she know I'm a bit weird


she's seen me without make-up. I know that Shana will be okay as long as Megan's around. But with Megan off at a different school, Shana's been talking about someone new. Someone I don't know and it's freaking me out. Her name is Jordan and due to the whole boyfriend happens to be named Jordan, too, she calls her "girl Jordan." She says they're like two peas in a pod. They had every single class together this semester. They study together. They hang out. I realize that eventually Shana will have a really good new friend that I don't know. I'll have to deal with that somehow. But tonight we're taking girl Jordan with us to Zoo Lights. Walking around in the dark with the Sullivans, what fun. But first, breakfast with Shana. And Megan, too. She's in Shana's bed,

 snuggled up and sleeping soundly after some late-night party with the old high school gang.

I hope she can come tonight, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment